The Global Chinese Accounting Association (GCAA) was established in April 2018 in Perth, Western Australia. It is a non-profit organisation initiated by Chinese accounting academics and professionals from universities and corporations globally. The aim of the GCAA is to promote research linkages, industry connections, and global education.
The objectives of the GCAA are to:
1) support accounting academic research activities;
2) promote the highest ethical and professional accounting standards;
3) provide training, industry connections and technical support to members;
4) help members build professional skills and accounting knowledge;
5) encourage communication between accounting academics and industry professionals by hosting accounting discussion forums and research-based conferences.
Composition of the GCAA
Members of the GCAA comprise of:
1) Accounting academics from universities around the world;
2) Accounting researchers from research institutes around the world;
3) Accounting professionals from accounting firms, corporations, not-for-profit organisations and accounting professional bodies around the world;
4) Higher Degree accounting research students such as PhD and Masters students; and
5) Individuals who hold an accounting degree.
WeChat public platform
The GCAA adheres to the concept of unifying global Chinese accounting academics and professionals and serving the cross-border exchange for learning and research. A WeChat public platform named “Global Accounting World” was established in March 2018. More than 700 renowned Chinese accounting experts, professors and scholars have since joined the platform. Further, articles that have been posted on the platform have attracted more than 10,000 views to date.